Today, any resource available is at the fingertips of your keyboard. But every once in a while it is nice to disconnect from technology and sit down with a good book and a cup of tea- especially if it’s a rainy day!
Here are a few bestsellers from Barnes and Noble that are sure to give you a great read:
1. The Baby Book – A practical, contemporary approach to parenting that reflects the way we live today. It covers the very basics and answers parents’ most concerning questions. Written by a paediatric husband and wife team, with over 30 published books on parenting.
2. The Happiest Baby on the Block – This national bestseller was also written by a paediatrician/child development expert. Through his research and experience, he has developed four basic principles that are crucial for understanding babies as well as improving their sleep and soothing their senses.
3. Dr. Spock’s Baby and Child Care: 9th Edition – For thorough and authoritative references from birth to adolescence, this book has you covered. Although this is the 65th anniversary edition, it is packed with contemporary issues like new family structures, children and media, increasingly common disorders and cutting-edge immunizations.
4. The Baby Owner’s Manual – If you’re looking for quirky humour, look no farther than this book, which relates “running” a baby to running the latest technology. Find detailed methods and tips like step by step instructions and schematics on swaddling a baby!
5. Brain Rules for Baby – If you like reading statistics and studies on the latest scientific approach to parenting, this is for you. The author of this book is a developmental molecular biologist focused on helping you nurture a smart, high performing son or daughter!